Tuesday, July 26, 2011

EL Vapor



I’ve returned, like the grime underneath your fingernails
Your rusted gaze greets me knowingly.
Ah, yes, I can tell you have been waiting
I have always been here, when your gaze was along the ridges of the mountain
Peering off of the cliff, holding the hand  of your cuate as you edged closer to oblivion
Seeing how close you could come to the precipice
Seeing the open mouth of the mountain relative

Tip water into his mouth
Drop flowers into her hair
Consume your deepest desire like an earthquake stretching her back in yawn
And make a wish with copper

Greetings to you like lost memories greet you after strange absences.
It has been a long wait, and I am back
singing your throat with hoarse cries of reunion.

I appear to you as boulders held in place, like knuckles.
Pale spirits in the robes of summer dawn.
Colors like the falling of rocks
Like distant cries;
I  rise to greet you, asking to remember.

Will you remember me, cousin? Brother?
Will you open your mouth like the mountain
And greet me with golden teeth?
-CZ

No comments:

Post a Comment